Covid-19 and How It May Affect Your Tour Tour
Updated October 6, 2020
If you are reading this bulletin, it means you are visiting our site and remain interested in what we are doing at Coda Tours. Thank you. We appreciate the interest, and we hope we will be back traveling with you in the very near future.
In September of this year, I led a small group of intrepid travelers through Northwesten Pakistan. Pakistan has been affected by Covid-19, but it is classified as a Moderate Risk country. Our small group created our own BUBBLE and set off to explore this amazing country. We started by all taking Covid-19 tests with 72 hours of departure. We all tested negative so we met up in Islamabad and joined our guide and driver, who had also tested negative. Our local handlers provided us with masks and sanitizers, and each of us had his temperature taken every morning. When we were going to be in a crowd of people, we, of course, wore our masks and social distanced. Fortunately, the area we were traveling in allowed us to be outside in the open-air most of the time. We completed the trip with success and went straight for testing when we reach Islamabad at the end of the tour. We all tested negative and flew home. All in all, it was a fabulous trip, and we felt safe the entire time. We now know it is possible to traveling cautiously and safely in the time of Covid-19.
As of today, it appears the only trip we will be able to operate in 2020 will be out Morocco at the Holidays. We have bookings and we intend to operate this trip. If you are interested, please contact us soon.
- POSTPONED TO MARCH 2021 -The Sultanate of Oman – Oct 21-30, 2020
- TO BE RESCHEDULED – Deluxe Egypt & optional Jordan – Nov 8-18, 2020
- POSTPONED TO MARCH 2021 – Fabulous Tunisia – Nov 13-23, 2020
- Morocco at the Holidays – Dec 23, 2020-Jan 2, 2021
To reassure you that you can book with Coda Tours and not be concerned about your deposits and payments, we are outlining new, temporary Payment & Cancellation Terms below.
We are actively updating our 2021 Calendar of Tours & Cruises. Please check our website frequently to see the new, exciting trips for next year. We have rescheduled several of the trips that we had to cancel in 2020 when the pandemic started. We hope you, too, will reschedule your trip with us.
We look forward to hearing from all of you. Please remember we are here for all your travel needs. Let us look into domestic trips, future cruises or privately arranged escapes. We are in the office Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm.
Jim & Agron
- Effective May 1, 2020, Coda Tours is offering a reduce deposit of $500 to hold any late 2020 or 2021 tour you wish to join. This will remain in effect until further updates.
- Rest assured that your payments are never lost. You can book a new 2020 or 2021 scheduled group departure, and if you must cancel prior to 60 days before departure, we will transfer your full deposit to a future Coda tour or hold it on account indefinitely.
- Due to the private charter contract for the All-Gay Cruise in Croatia – June 2021, our deposit & cancellation terms remain the same as outlined on the trip webpage https://coda-tours.com/croatia#rates-facts
- As of April 15, guests who are already registered for a 2020 scheduled group departure have a delayed final payment due date of 45 days prior to departure.
Cancellations & Transfers
- Guests traveling before June 1 who wish to cancel their reservation will receive a travel credit equal toward a future departure. This credit is valid for the future Coda trip of their choice booked. Future credits will not expire. There may be non-recoverable costs associated with your departure that may reduce your future travel credit. Future travel credits greater than $5000 must be split across two or three future trips.
- Guests traveling on or after June 1 on a scheduled group departure may transfer to another 2020/2021 trip or departure or receive a travel credit equal to the full monies paid to Coda Tours on the current departure with no fees. However, in certain circumstances there may be non-recoverable costs associated with your departure that may reduce your future travel credit.
- For custom departures, guests may transfer their dates later in 2020 or 2021 less non-recoverable costs where applicable.
- Departures after July 1 are scheduled to operate unless you have been contacted by Coda Tours with alternative options.
- Inquire with Coda Tours for further details on cancellation or transfer policies.
Travel & Travel Protection Questions
- If you have purchased travel protection through Travel Guard insurance company, you may be eligible for a credit of your insurance for future use. Please inquire with Coda Tours. Please be patient when calling your travel insurance companies.
- Note that Travel Insurance will now be mandatory on all bookings. Please inquire with us at the time of booking.
If you have booked your flight through Coda Tours, we will contact the airline on your behalf. We will advise you if they will refund or offer future credit. If you have booked flights on your own, we recommend contacting your airline as soon as possible. Some carriers have cancelled flights and/or instituted additional restrictions or screening processes about which you should be aware.