Expedition to Antarctica
on the SH Diana
Aboard the 192-Guest SH DIANA
Expedition to Antarctica
on the SH Diana
Aboard the 192-Guest SH DIANA
Visiting Antarctica is almost like stepping back in time, to an era when the world was new. There are no human sounds, only the wild cries of birds, seals, and whales echoing across a vast expanse of land and sea. During the long days of Antarctica’s austral summer, you will enjoy superb observation and photographic opportunities of abundant wildlife, including hillsides teeming with penguins. Admire blue Antarctic waters and the dramatic play of light on icebergs, glaciers, and towering mountains.
During this extraordinary journey to the bottom of the world, retrace sea lanes navigated by storied explorers Amundsen, Scott, and Shackleton. Enjoy the company and fascinating insights of a seasoned team of expedition leaders and naturalists who will share their firsthand knowledge of Antarctica.
Our vessel for this voyage is Swan Hellenic’s Diana, the state-of-the-art, new-generation expedition cruise ship, currently under construction in Finland and due to launch in early 2023. Accommodating only 192 guests in beautifully appointed staterooms and balcony suites, Diana will feature several lounges, a restaurant, outdoor cafe, spa, library and beauty salon, and will be equipped with the latest safety and environmentally-friendly technology. The Diana is designed specifically for polar exploration and a fleet of Zodiac landing crafts will bring you into intimate contact with this incredible continent.
We hope you will join us on this once-in-a-lifetime travel adventure to the “Seventh Continent.”
Book Your Adventure
- Coda Tours signature small group size
- Coda Tours signature comprehensive sightseeing programs
- Coda Tours signature inclusive meal plan of culinary delights
- Coda Tours signature deluxe accommodations
- Cruise aboard the new, SH Diana, a 192-guest luxury vessel
- Enjoyment enrichment lectures from a staff of experience, professional naturalists & guest lecturers
- Explore ashore with biologists, geologists and undersea specialists
- Get up close to icebergs, wildlife and hard-to-reach places using our fleet of kayaks and Zodiaks.
- Observe a range of penguin and whale species, as well as seals and seabirds.
About SH DIANA
Currently under construction in Finland and launching in early March 2023, Swan Hellenic’s Diana is a new-generation expedition cruise ship. Although at 12,100 tons the ship is large enough to accommodate more than 350 passengers, Diana will accommodate a maximum of 192 guests in 96 spacious staterooms and balcony suites. The low guest density results in one of the most generous indoor and outdoor space-to-guest ratios among cruise ships.
Featuring the latest advances in technology and engineering, Diana is among the world’s first environmentally-responsible ships. Equipped with hybrid engines, a system of powerful batteries, and a unique water filtration system, Diana leaves a minimal footprint. For cruising in Polar regions, the ship meets the stringent requirements of the new Polar Code with its high PC5 Category A ice-strengthened hull and other advanced features. A computer-controlled Dynamic Positioning System allows the ship to maintain position without anchoring. Operated by a complement of 135 experienced European officers and international crew members, Diana will carry a fleet of Zodiacs, versatile landing boats, and kayaks. Powerful stabilizers provide a smooth ride.
Diana’s interior spaces exude sophisticated elegance, with most rooms opening to panoramic views of the sea. All staterooms and suites face outside and are equipped with private facilities, climate control, TV, Wi-Fi and USB connections and other amenities. Of the ship’s 96 staterooms, 76 have balconies. Public areas include a spacious observation lounge equipped with state-of- the-art facilities for lectures and presentations; a club lounge; a restaurant that accommodates all guests at one seating; an outdoor café/bar that surrounds the heated swimming pool; a wellness area with gym, spa, and sauna with an adjoining outdoor jacuzzi; library; beauty salon; and an infirmary that is attended by a full-time doctor and nurse. The ship also features expansive open-deck areas. Two elevators connect all decks. Attentive service is provided on a 24-hour basis. The outstanding cuisine is complemented by fine wines at lunch and dinner.
All accommodations aboard Diana are spacious staterooms and balcony suites. They are elegantly decorated, face outside, affording sea views, and include a queen-size bed that can be arranged as two twin beds, a spacious bathroom, mini-refrigerator, safe, ample closet space, climate control, telephone, TV, Wi-Fi, and USB connections, as well as other amenities.
|Built in||Vessel Length||Vessel Breadth||Vessel Sun Deck||Number of Cabins|
|2023||410 ft.||75 ft.||See deck plan||96|
Cabins & Prices
|Cabin Category||Double/Twin||Single||Cabin Square Footage|
|Cat. E - Oceanview staterooms with two large oval windows. Deck 4. Staterooms 401 – 404.||$12690||$Inquire||206 sq. ft.|
|Cat. D - Oceanview staterooms with two large oval windows. Deck 4. Staterooms 405 – 420.||$13570||$Inquire||206 sq. ft.|
|Cat. C - Suites with balcony & living room area. Deck 5. Suites 501 – 504, 538 – 541.||$15790||$Inquire||300 sq. ft.|
|Cat. B - Suites with balcony & living room area. Deck 5. Suites 505 – 518, 521 – 537.||$16390||$Inquire||300 sq. ft.|
|Cat. A - Suites with balcony & living room area. Deck 6. Suites 601 – 618, 621 – 635.||$17790||$Inquire||300 sq. ft.|
|Cat. AA - Suites with large balcony, separate bedroom & living room. Decks 5 & 6. Suites 519, 520, 619 & 620.||$22990||$Inquire||474 sq. ft.|
A deposit of $1,500 per person is required to reserve your space on the tour. Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure. Payment can be made by personal check or charged to a credit card.
- Single Occupancy rates can be avoided if you wish to be matched with another single traveler who also wishes to share. If no share is available, the single rate will apply.
- Rates are based on current rates and currency exchange rates at the time of publishing the tour online.
- Rates are subject to change until final payment has been made. Rates are based on a minimum participation and if the minimum participation is not met rates may need to be revised.
Do these dates not fit in with your schedule?
CODA can help design a tailor made tour to suit you!
Day 1 | DEPART HOME
Depart home for Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Day 2 | BUENOS AIRES, Argentina
Arrive in Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina. Transfer to the Alvear Icon Hotel. In the evening, meet fellow travelers and your trip director at an evening cocktail reception. (D)
Day 3 | BUENOS AIRES/USHUAIA/SHIP EMBARKATION
Transfer to the airport for the group flight to Ushuaia, claimed to be the world’s southernmost city, located in Argentina’s Tierra del Fuego, between the famed Beagle Channel and the mountains. On arrival, transfer to the pier to embark the Diana, which will begin cruising early this evening. As the ship cruises the Beagle Channel, enjoy a spectacular vista of glaciers and misted mountains. (B, D)
Day 4 | AT SEA
Attend lectures and enjoy the ship’s facilities as the Diana cruises through the Drake Passage to Antarctica. Look for Albatross, Cape Petrels, and whales that may accompany the ship on its passage. (B, L, D)
Days 5-10 | EXPLORING ANTARCTICA
Explore the pristine wilderness of the Antarctic Peninsula and its surrounding islands. The Peninsula is a narrow finger of land that separates the ice-choked waters of the Weddell and Bellingshausen Seas. As Diana cruises through scenic waterways, witness a breathtaking panorama of icebergs, blue glaciers, and jagged snow-capped mountains. Aboard the ship’s Zodiacs, cruise among ice floes and explore penguin rockeries. Although the itinerary varies according to local ice and wind conditions, we plan to land at such places as Paradise Harbor, where Humpback and Minke whales are often sighted offshore; Petermann Island, the habitat of Gentoo and Adélie penguins; and Deception Island, known for its volcanically-heated hot springs. Navigating through the magnificent Lemaire, Errera, Neumayer, and other protected channels is also planned. (B, L, D daily)
Day 11-12 | AT SEA
Watch for whales and seabirds - and enjoy onboard lectures and the ship’s amenities - as Diana cruises back to Ushuaia. (B, L, D daily)
Day 13 | USHUAIA, Argentina/SHIP DISEMBARKATION/BUENOS AIRES/HOME
Disembark in Ushuaia. Transfer to the airport for the group flight to Buenos Aires to connect with flights homeward. (B)
- Accommodations at fine hotels before the cruise.
- Round trip group flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia.
- Cruise aboard the new expedition cruise ship SH Diana.
- Airport/hotel/pier transfers and handling of luggage abroad on the designated program departure and arrival dates.
- Complete program of shore landings and activities organized by the expedition leader and naturalist guides.
- Educational program of lectures and discussions by the accompanying guest lecturers, expedition leader and naturalist guides.
- Coda representative on minimum participation of 12 travelers
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship hosted by the captain.
- All meals aboard ship, with a selection of wines, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner.
- Open bar with select alcoholic beverages.
- Coffee, including espresso and cappuccino, tea and soft drinks throughout the day and night.
- 24-hour room service.
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel, porters and drivers.
- All local taxes and service charges, including port and embarkation taxes.
- Expedition parka – yours to keep.
- Use of rubber boots, hiking poles, and waterproof packs for shore landings.
- Basic Wi-Fi.
- Complete pre-departure material.
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance is available through Coda Tours, upon request.
- International airfare; expenses of a personal nature; any items not mentioned in the itinerary or the above inclusions.
Please request a quote if you would like Coda Tours to assist with international airfare bookings. We often can offer favorable rates for Business or Economy class at a standard fee of $35 per ticket.
Intra-tour flights between Buenos Aires & Ushuaia are included in the cost of the trip.
No visas or vaccines are required for a trip to Argentina or Antarctica. Covid-19 policies will be reviewed closer to the departure date.
During the days spent on board, you are advised to wear comfortable clothes or casual outfits. The entire ship is air-conditioned, so a light sweater, a light jacket or a shawl may be necessary. When moving about in the public areas of the ship and the decks, light but comfortable shoes are recommended.
In the evening, you are advised to wear smart-casual attire, especially when dining in our restaurants where wearing shorts and tee-shirts is not allowed.
For details about clothing for being ashore in Antarctica, click here RECOMMENDED CLOTHING & GEAR FOR ANTARCTICA
The cruise is guaranteed. A Coda representative will accompany Coda clients if 12 or more book through Coda Tours.
A portfolio of pre-departure information will be mailed approximately three weeks prior to departure.