Full Moon Tahiti Cruise
Paradise in The Society Islands
Full Moon Tahiti Cruise
Paradise in The Society Islands
TAHITI OPEN FOR TOURISM AS OF MAY 1, 2021
Coda will join Source Events’ exclusive LGBTQ+ cruise in the society islands of Tahiti. Source Events is customizing this Polynesian adventure to give you the freedom to visit the hidden wonders of Tahiti. Whether exploring lush rainforests, witnessing striking volcanic peaks, or enjoying lunch on a private atoll, you’ll enjoy everything Tahiti has to offer from the luxury of your own sailing ship, MY Wind Spirit. Tall ship sailing is a postcard-perfect way to experience this South Pacific dreamscape.
Named after the Royal Explorer Society, the Society Islands archipelago includes the most famous Polynesian islands. Tahiti and Bora Bora welcome you with an open mind and picture-perfect scenery. We’ll let the trade winds fill our sails, and enjoy the turquoise waters with various water sports activities including kayaking, snorkeling, and paddle-boarding. Be part of a real Polynesian feast with fire dancers on a private Motu (islet). Go on an outrigger in Moorea, the inspiration behind the musical South Pacific. Feed blue-eyed eels and visit the vanilla stalls of Huahine. At Raiatea, harvest your own Tahiti black pearls.
BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE
- 1 night in Papeete at the deluxe Intercontinenal Hotel
- 6 nights aboard the deluxe Wind Spirit
- Optional excursion to paradisal locales
- A Tahitian fire dance show
- Swimming & Snorkeling in crystal-clear lagoons
- Fiery sunsets
- Discover Bloody Mary’s haunting Bali Hai
About MY WIND SPIRIT
The Wind Spirit, the sister ship of the Wind Star, will be fully renovated in 2020 four-masted sailing yacht accommodating 145 guests. With four decks and a gross tonnage of 5,350, the Wind Star feels like your own private yacht. Wind Spirit features wide-open, teak decks—quite unusual for small ships. With over 10,000 square feet of open deck space, guests will find hidden nooks for private moments giving them a feeling of being on their own private verandah.
The Source Events All-Gay Windstar experience: THERE’S NOTHING QUITE LIKE IT ON EARTH Tall billowing sails – brilliant blue seas – sun-drenched teak decks. You’re with your close friends – old and new – discovering the world’s finest destinations. Nurturing your mind, body, and soul as you explore tiny harbors and hidden coves where no one else can go. Invigorating your senses with 5-Star cuisine and celebrating all life has to offer. This is the inspiration behind every Source Events Windstar Gay Cruise. Your voyage includes:
- Newly remodeled Ocean View staterooms
- Sumptuous linens, towels & bedding
- L’Occitane bath products
- Fresh flowers and fruit basket
- Well-stocked Mini-bar
- Bathrobes, slippers & spacious closets
- Nightly Turndown service
- Massaging shower head
- Twenty-four hour in-room dining
- Flat-screen television. DVD player.
- Bose Sound Dock speakers.
- Private safe. Hair dryer. Alarm Clock.
- Individual climate control
- Direct dial telephone
- Complimentary soft beverages, including bottled water, sodas, fresh juices, milk, fruit smoothies, tea, coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, mochas and expresso
- Expanded Fitness Center
- Skylight Main Lounge featuring nightly entertainment
- Internet Corner + WiFi access
- Luxurious Wind Spa and Salon
- Outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Water-sports Platform (marina), equipment includes complimentary snorkel gear, Sunfish sailboats, windsurfers, kayaks, and water mats. Scuba equipment available for an additional charge.
- International crew of 90 on hand for 24-hour pampering
- Library stocked with DVDs, CDs, books, and board games
- Gift shop
- Infirmary with Physician
Dining (Open Seating)
- Amphora – Gourmet cuisine served course-by-course nightly
- Veranda – Breakfast and lunch made to order or in fresh “market-style” buffets
- Candles Grill – Romantic outdoor deck restaurant
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Afternoon tea with sweet treats
- Night Fare served at 10:30 pm
- Social Hour and drink specials in Main Lounge Upscale bar serving premium spirits
- Drink packages will be available for purchase
|Built in||Vessel Length||Vessel Breadth||Vessel Sun Deck||Number of Cabins|
Cabins & Prices
|Cabin Category||Double/Twin||Single||Cabin Square Footage|
|Category AX - Mid Ship Deck 2||$3899||$Inquire||188 sq. ft.|
|Category A - Forward/Aft Deck 2||$3699||$Inquire||188 sq. ft.|
|Category BX - Mid Ship Deck 1||$3499||$Inquire||188 sq. ft.|
|Category B - Forward/Aft Deck 1||$3299||$Inquire||188 sq. ft.|
Please Note Prices are per person based on double occupancy. Does not include international airfare, trip cancellation insurance, shipboard purchases, gratuities, pre and post-cruise package, or optional excursions. The following additional fees apply based on double occupancy: Port fees of $249 and prepaid gratuities of $125. Single Occupancy: individuals who prefer a cabin to themselves will be charged a 200% surcharge of the double occupancy rate. If imposed by the cruise line, there may be an $80 per passenger fuel surcharge fee. Valid Passports Required: Non-US Passport holders may be required to secure a visa. Passports must be valid for six months beyond the return date. Arrival and Departure airport in Tahiti is PPT
- Single Occupancy rates can be avoided if you wish to be matched with another single traveler who also wishes to share. If no share is available, the single rate will apply.
- Rates are based on current rates and currency exchange rates at the time of publishing the tour online.
- Rates are subject to change until final payment has been made. Rates are based on a minimum participation and if the minimum participation is not met rates may need to be revised.
Do these dates not fit in with your schedule?
CODA can help design a tailor made tour to suit you!
Day 1 - Papeete, Tahiti
Thursday - September 16, 2021
The legendary seductress of sailors and capital of French Polynesia. Both Captain Cook and later Captain Bligh dealt with sailors who longed to stay in this tropical paradise (one more successfully than the other). And while the city is no longer the primitive village it once was, it retains its own set of charms. From Papeete Harbor, you can feast your eyes on Moorea. You’ll find that Tahiti is one of the most popular gay travel destinations in the world; gay marriage has been legal in Tahiti since 2013.
Day 2 - Moorea (Cook's Bay)
Friday - September 17, 2021
In the running for the most beautiful island in the world, Moorea’s even more awesome at sunset. The downtown market, “Le Marché”, is the best place to purchase your hand-dyed pareau (sarong). And when your stomach starts to growl from looking at the fresh island produces, head to the waterfront and Vai’ete Square to dine with the locals from food trucks known as “Les Roulottes”. Have you seen the musical “South Pacific”? then the easiest way to describe Moorea is to tell you that it was probably the inspirations for James Michener’s Bali Hai. It’s what most people dream of when they picture a gorgeous South Seas Island – jagged green volcanic peaks, a shallow blue lagoon bedded by white sand, tiny motus (islets) offshore. The island’s 12,000 residents are keenly aware they have an image to uphold, so they buried all the unsightly power cables to give you seamless views of paradise.
Arrival: 6:00am / Departure: 5:00pm
Day 3 - Raiatea
Saturday - September 18, 2021
This is one of the most traditional islands. Its few thousand residents live a tranquil life fishing, raising livestock, and growing crops from the sought-after vanilla bean to watermelon and copra. You may be lucky enough to see the villagers stone fishing just like their ancestors once did. They wade into the lagoon slapping the water with stones tied to ropes, which drives the fish ashore. The island also produces some of the finest black pearls in the Pacific – a testament to the purity of the water.
Arrival: 8:00am / Departure: 5:00pm
Day 4 - Taha'a
Sunday - September 19, 2021
We will spend the day on a private island complete with swaying palm trees and white-sand beaches. Swim, snorkel and enjoy a variety of water sports in the crystal-clear waters. There will be a delicious barbecue lunch and tropical drinks waiting for you. Explore Tahaa with optional excursions to discover the vanilla plantations and sacred sites of the island.
Arrival: 8:00am / Departure: 5:00pm
Day 5 - Bora Bora
Monday - September 20, 2021
Bora Bora is a major international destination, famous for its aqua-centric luxury resorts. The major settlement, Vaitape, is on the western side of the main island, opposite the main channel into the lagoon. Produce of the island is mostly limited to what can be obtained from the sea and the plentiful coconut trees, which were economically important for the production of copra (coconut oil). Bora Bora has a permanent population of 8,800 residents. Special Event planned: Bora Bora is surrounded by a number of tiny islets called “motu”- small, pristine, secluded paradises that offer privacy, beauty, and relaxing ambiance. Our Source guests will spend the evening in Paradise followed by a scrumptious dinner and a Fire Dancers show. Best of all, we'll be experiencing a Full Moon over Bora Bora.
Day 6 - Bora Bora
Tuesday - September 21, 2021
Bora Bora is a major international destination, famous for its aqua-centric luxury resorts. The major settlement, Vaitape, is on the western side of the main island, opposite the main channel into the lagoon. Produce of the island is mostly limited to what can be obtained from the sea and the plentiful coconut trees, which were economically important for the production of copra (coconut oil). Bora Bora has a permanent population of 8,800 residents. Special Event planned: Bora Bora is surrounded by a number of tiny islets called “motu”- small, pristine, secluded paradises that offer privacy, beauty, and relaxing ambiance. Our Source guests will spend the evening in Paradise followed by a scrumptious dinner and a Fire Dancers show.
Day 7 - Huahine
Wednesday - September 22, 2021
A deep, crystal-clear lagoon surrounds the two islands while magnificent bays and white-sand beaches add drama and solitude to their virtues. Relatively unchanged by the modern world, Huahine offers a slower taste of old Polynesia. With only eight small villages scatted across the island, the few residents welcome visitors with great kindness. Not surprisingly, this fertile world offers rich soil providing the local farmers a bountiful harvest of vanilla, melons, and bananas.
Arrival: 7:00am / Departure: 5:00pm
Day 8 - Papeete, Tahiti
Thursday - September 23, 2021
Return to Papeete for your evening flight or extend your stay.
- Accommodations | aboard MSY Wind Spirit include:
- OWNER’S SUITE: Located on Deck 1. This 220 Sq. feet cabin features a queen-size bed, multi-channel radio, flatscreen TV, DVD player, Bose speakers for iPod use, telephone, mini-bar, a safe, 110/220 outlet, 24 hr room service, L’ Occitane bath amenities, private bathroom with complimentary plush terry robes, and full-length closets. Complimentary amenities such as flowers and champagne await you!!!
- DECK 2 – MID SHIP CABINS – CATEGORY AX: Cabins 208 – 234. Each room is 188 Sq. feet. features a queen-size bed, which can be converted into two twin beds, multi-channel radio, flat-screen TV, DVD player, Bose speaker system for iPod use, a safe, 110/220 outlets, telephone, mini-bar, 24-hr room service, L’ Occitane bath amenities, a private bathroom with complimentary plush terry robes and full length closets.
- DECK 2 – FORWARD/AFT CABINS – CATEGORY A: Cabins 201-206 and Cabins 227-240, Each room is 188 Sq. feet. features a queen-size bed, which can be converted into two twin beds, multi-channel radio, flat-screen TV, DVD player, Bose speaker system for iPod use, telephone, mini-bar, a safe, 110/220 outlets, 24-hr room service, L’ Occitane bath amenities, private bathroom with complimentary plush terry robes and full length closets.
- DECK 1 – MID SHIP CABINS – CATEGORY BX: Cabins 108-134. Each room is 188 sq feet. features a queen-size bed, which can be converted into two twin beds, multi-channel radio, flat-screen TV, DVD player, Bose speaker system for iPod use, a safe, 110/220 outlets, telephone, mini-bar, 24-hr room service, L’ Occitane bath amenities, a private bathroom with complimentary plush terry robes and full length closets.
- DECK 1 – FORWARD/AFT CABINS – CATEGORY B: Cabins 101-106 and Cabins 133-140. Each room is 188 sq feet. features a queen-size bed, which can be converted into two twin beds, multi-channel radio, flat-screen TV, DVD player, Bose speaker system for iPod use, a safe, 110/220 outlets, telephone, mini-bar, 24-hr room service, L’ Occitane bath amenities, a private bathroom with complimentary plush terry robes and full length closets.
What's Not Included
- International airfare
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Shipboard purchases
- Port fees
- Pre and post-cruise package
- Optional excursions
Airfare is not included in the Cruise and Land Rates. Tahiti Nui from Los Angeles is the best international air schedule for this trip. It is unlikely that you will find available flight using Frequent Flyer Miles at this late date. Coda Tours can assist you with your international air booking in Business, Premium Economy or Coach class. Please ask us to quote for you. We often have favorable rates. There is a standard $35 per ticket ticketing for this service.
There are no intra-tour flights on this trip.
A valid passport is required for international travel and must be valid for 6 months after the return date of travel and must have at least two blank pages. No visa is required for entry into Croatia for US and Canadian passport holders.
A Covid-19 vaccination card MAY be required and/or a negative PCR test. Details will be sent to you at the time of registration.
Coda trips are casual at all the times. There is no need for a jacket or tie. Pack for warm weather. Bring a light jacket or sweater. Jeans, khakis and shorts are fine for daily wear. Comfortable shoes are a must. AND DON’T FORGET YOUR BATHING SUIT! Limited laundry service is available aboard ship.
The weather should be in the high 70’s to mid 80’s during the day and low 70’s in the evening. Perfect weather!
This is a private charter and a minimum participation is required to operate the cruise. Our maximum participation will be 30 guests, plus staff members.
A complete portfolio of pre-departure information will be mailed to your approximately three weeks prior to departure.