BEST OF SCANDINAVIA
A Journey through DENMARK, SWEDEN & NORWAY
BEST OF SCANDINAVIA
A Journey through DENMARK, SWEDEN & NORWAY
Scandinavia evokes a fairytale image of Little Mermaids, majestic fjords and handsome blonds. North of the Baltic Sea, it is the largest region of Europe, but home to only around 24 million people. Also known as Nordic Countries, Denmark, Sweden & Norway are three of the five countries that make up Scandinavia. Iceland and Finland are the other two. Coda’s popular trip to Northern Europe focuses on the highlights and gives you a thorough taste of three capital cities: Copenhagen, Stockholm & Oslo. But in addition, you will be outside the capitals in Sweden and Norway where the landscape and natural beauty are stunning.
Book Your Adventure
- Coda Tours signature small group size
- Coda Tours signature comprehensive sightseeing programs
- Coda Tours signature inclusive meal plan
- Coda Tours signature deluxe accommodations
- An evening stroll in the Nyhavn District of Copenhagen
- Standing in the City Hall of Stockholm, ready to accept a Nobel Prize
- The stunning 15th c university in Uppsala
- Seeing Edvard Munch’s “The Scream” up close
- The whimsical Vigeland Park in Oslo
- A spectacular fjords cruise on Sognefjord
- The amazing Fish Market of Bergen
Dates & Prices
|Your Trip||Depart USA||Return USA||Double Occupancy Price||Single Occupancy Price||Intra Tour Air|
|Best of Scandinavia||August 3, 2022||August 13, 2022||$6,995||$8,995||TBA|
- Single Occupancy rates can be avoided if you wish to be matched with another single traveler who also wishes to share. If no share is available, the single rate will apply.
- Rates are based on current rates and currency exchange rates at the time of publishing the tour online.
- Rates are subject to change until final payment has been made. Rates are based on a minimum participation and if the minimum participation is not met rates may need to be revised.
Do these dates not fit in with your schedule?
CODA can help design a tailor made tour to suit you!
Day 1 - DEPART THE USA
Depart the USA on any regularly scheduled flight to Copenhagen (CPH.) Coda Tours can provide you with a competitive quote for Business or Coach airfare upon request.
Day 2 - COPENHAGEN
Arrival in Copenhagen and private transfer to our hotel. Overnight at Nyhavn 71 hotel.
The remainder of the day is at leisure to relax after the long flight. Welcome dinner in a local restaurant tonight with fellow travelers.
Day 3 - COPENHAGEN TOUR
Breakfast in the hotel. This morning we take enjoy a tour of Copenhagen highlighting Amalienborg & Christiansborg Palaces, Nyhaven district, Tivoli Gardens with an entrance to Rosenborg castle. The afternoon is at leisure. Overnight at Skt Petri hotel.
Day 4 - COPENHAGEN - STOCKHOLM
Breakfast in the hotel. Morning at leisure. Later drive to the airport and fly to Stockholm
Overnight at Nobis Hotel. Dinner is included tonight.
Day 5 - STOCKHOLM
Breakfast in the hotel. Our city tour includes the entrance to the city hall, one of Stockholm’s most famous buildings and the location of the Nobel Prize banquet. Also, visit Millesgarden to see Carl Milles’ outstanding sculptures from pre-war. Our afternoon is at leisure to explore the shops or other sites of Stockholm. You may wish to see the Vasa ship that sank in Stockholm in 1623. Other sites you may wish to visit are ABBA, the Museum (dedicated to the pop music group), Skansen open-air museum, or The Hallywyl Museum. Overnight at Nobis Hotel.
Day 6 - STOCKHOLM – SIGTUNA – UPPSALA – OSLO
Breakfast in the hotel. Drive to Sigtuna, whose main street dates back to the time of 10th-c King Erik the Victorious and Uppsala, home of the 15th-c university. After lunch, we fly to Oslo. Overnight at Continental hotel.
Day 7 - OSLO TOUR
Breakfast in the hotel. A full day visit of Oslo, including the entrance to the National Gallery to see “The Scream” by Edvard Munch, the city hall, Vigeland park and the Bygdøy island including the Fram Museum and the Kon Tiki. Lunch is at a local restaurant. Overnight at Continental hotel.
Day 8 - OSLO -FLAM
Breakfast in the hotel. Drive to the train station and board on our train to Myrdal. Upon arrival in Myrdal take the panoramic train to Flam. The Flåm Railway has been described as one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world and is one of the leading tourist attractions in Norway. The train runs from the end of Aurlandsfjord, a tributary of the Sognefjord, up to the high mountains at Myrdal station. The journey features the finest aspects of the stunning scenery of Western Norway. Dinner and overnight at Flåmsbrygga Hotel.
Day 9 - SOGNFJORD CRUISE
Check out of the hotel and and board the Premium Sognefjord, fully electric, cruise. Cruise the beautiful fjord, arriving in Gudvagen. Disembark and drive to Bergen.
Day 10 - BERGEN TOUR
Breakfast in the hotel. We discover Bergen on a walking tour with our local guide this morning. The afternoon is at leisure. Tonight we take the funicular to Mt Fløjen where our Farewell dinner venue is located. Overnight at Opus XVI hotel.
Day 11 - DEPARTURE TO HOME
Breakfast in hotel and private transfer to the airport.
- All accommodations, as stated in the itinerary and in the room category indicated
- Service charges, room taxes, and baggage handling fees
- Breakfast daily
- Lunches and dinners as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing excursions and entry fees as stated in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides
- Bottled water and cold towels in vehicles during sightseeing
- All land transfers as required by the itinerary; private transfers for arrival & departure if required; private, air-conditioned vehicles
- Coda Tour Manager on minimum participation
What's Not Included
- International airfare
- Intra-Tour airfare (quoted separately)
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption insurance (highly recommended)
- Personal meals, drinks, telephone, gifts, and expenses not outlined in the itinerary
- Any optional sightseeing excursions or additional visits not outlined in itinerary
- Gratuity for local guides, drivers and Coda Tour Manager
Delta Airlines, SAS, Icelandair are among airlines that can be used to book airfare for this tour. We recommend booking at least 7 months in advance if you want to use Frequent Flyer Miles or the American Express Platinum card 2-4-1 program. Coda Tours can assist you with your international air booking in Business or Coach class (First Class is rare nowadays on international flights, but if available, we can quote it.) Please ask us to quote for you. We often have favorable rates. There is a standard $35 per ticket ticketing for this service.
Intra-tour flight is at an additional cost and are outlined above. Coda Tours will book this on your behalf. August 07, 2021 Copenhagen / Stockholm August 9, 2021 Stockholm / Oslo
A valid passport is required for international travel and must be valid for 6 months after the return date of travel and must have at least two blank pages. No visa is required for entry into Denmark, Sweden and Norway for US and Canadian passport holders.
No immunizations are required for travel on this tour. However, the Center for Disease Control suggests that all travelers make sure they are up-to-date on routine vaccines before every trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.
Coda trips all casual at all times. There is no need for a jacket or tie unless you personally opt to dine at a fine restaurant requiring formal dress. We do not book these restaurants for our group experiences. Pack for a variety of weather. Bring a light jacket or sweater. Jeans, khakis and shorts are fine for daily wear. Comfortable shoes are a must. All hotels offer laundry service but it can be expensive.
Expect variable weather while traveling in Scandinavia. In recent years, summers have been warm and sunny, but rain is frequent and it can become cold quickly and unexpectedly. You should pack for a variety of temperatures. If it is average, the temperature will hover around 70 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at night.
All departures are guaranteed on a minimum number of participants. A Coda Tour Manager will accompany a tour also based on a minimum number of participants. This tour can be operated as a Private Tour, can be customized and repriced based on a final itinerary. Rates are based on a minimum participation of 10. For fewer than 10 participants, rates may be revised.
A complete portfolio of pre-departure information will be mailed to you approximately three weeks prior to departure