The small group tours designed by Coda International Tours are destination focused and appeal to men and women who go on vacation to relax, have fun and be enriched by the experience of being exposed to foreign cultures and people — all with style and sophistication. Your fellow travelers are gay men and women who choose to travel together for the camaraderie and sense of belonging it generates. Coda travelers vary in age from early 40’s to early 70’s with a few younger and a few older. Groups are always composed of a mix of singles & couples. Feeling part of the group & ageism is never an issue on our trips. We operate our trips on as few as 2 travelers to a maximum of 18 (unless otherwise stated.) We do all possible to avoid cancelling a scheduled trip.
Book your next cruise with Coda International Tours. We have access to special amenities where available and will work with your American Express Platinum or Centurion card to maximize the benefits available to you. We monitor your cruise booking to advise you of changes in rates that may lower your costs. We will also plan your pre- and post-cruise tours or stays and will get you the best deal on your airfare.
The secret to a successful trip is two-fold: destination knowledge and superb contacts. Coda International Tours has both. With nearly 40 years experience in international travel – leading groups and conducting travel research for sophisticated US based travel companies, we have the experience to ensure you an extraordinary journey every time you travel. We specialize in exotic destinations and complicated itineraries that only professionals should attempt to book. Our world-wide suppliers are the best in the business. Contact us for your next customized adventure. We will exceed your expectations.
Check with us before you book your international flight. We work with a network of consolidators who often have the best airfares available. For established fees, we also will book with your award points and frequent flyer miles or with your American Express Platinum & Centurion card member benefits. Leave the frustration of working with the airlines to us.
We can offer added amenities on hotel bookings. These amenities often include free breakfast (an excellent value these days), upgrades, early check in or late check out and spa or resort credits. Check with us to book your hotel reservations for your next vacation or business trip.
A veteran of 37 years in the travel industry, Jim began his career as an international tour manager, leading Europeans and Americans around the globe. His career includes 4 world cruises aboard the Queen Elizabeth II where he served as interpreter in French, Spanish & Portuguese for American Express Travel, 10 years as a cruise director and expedition leader aboard private expedition vessels, and nearly another decade as an executive for an exclusive educational tour company where he designed and operated programs worldwide for the Smithsonian Institution, National Geographic On Tour, the Harvard Alumni Association, the Association of Yale Alumni and many other non-profit organizations. Jim has traveled to more than 3/4 of the countries on the planet. His main desire is to share his world travel experience with his gay brothers and sisters and create travel experiences that truly make a difference in their lives.
Our trips are built around the cultural hubs and highlights of the world, places everyone should visit at least once in his life, and the style of travel is elegant without being opulent; refined without being pretentious; and insightful without being tiresome. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge knowledge of destinations, resulting from continuously traveling around the globe. We endeavor to bring new and exciting destinations to our loyal clients every year while offering the tried-and-true, best-loved destinations for new clients who are constantly joining our coterie.
The strength of our staff is in the number of years each has spent traveling extensively around the globe. We have held positions as international tour managers, cruise directors, expedition leaders and executive travel planners for America’s leading educational, scientific and cultural institutions and museums. We have circled the globe on luxury ocean liners, Concorde jets and stayed in the world’s grandest palaces and simplest huts. Between us we speak 6 languages and have traveled to more than 75% of the countries in the world. We are working on the remaining 25%.
We like to know our clients personally and travel with our groups whenever possible. We consider our clients friends and enjoy socializing beyond traveling with you. Travel with us and discover why our clients return over and over (more than 60% repeat clientele on every tour) and why we have won accolades from Out & About newsletter and major gay travel publications.